Saturday 1 June 2013

Our first meal in Rue de Lille

We arrived in Paris early this morning and had to kill some time before they let us in the apartment.  We're on the 5th floor of a nice but very old building. I guess early 1800's, but well maintain and has an elevator that fits one and bit people.  We're happy to walk downstairs but upstairs is a real bugger.  

We shopped at a local supermarket for some essentials and then went for a walk around the local shops in St Germain.

At the end we were looking for a pizza place, there are usually many of them around, but not today.  We finished up buying a baguette and a small quiche and made some sandwiches for dinner.

Did I mention that we bought some Camembert cheese from the shops?  I thought this one would be ok, but I am afraid that the smell of this cheese rivals the one we bought when we stayed in Rue Magenta.  I don't know why I do it.  The cheese just plain stinks.

Bugger bugger double bugger.


Looks good though... And the ham baguettes were great !

Next time, I promise to skip the cheese !

By the way, We ate dinner in the sunroom of our apartment.  Great views from the top !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment