Friday 23 May 2014

Singapore - Part 1 (trip to Singapore)

The trip to Singapore was uneventful.  Customs queues in Sydney were long, but moved well.  Duty free shops were exciting as usual, but my attention was fixed on the Apple store, with my perennial fixation of comparing the MacBook Air with the MacBook Pro. Still not sure which one I will get in the future.

I was one of the last on the plane, and realised that there were a lot of empty seats.  I was seated on 25D, an inner aisle seat, and the two middle ones were empty.  In fact, the plane would only have been 60% full.

A meal, two movies ((Savong Mr Banks and another one which I have already forgotten) an attempt at meditation and then a snack (pizza) were enough to keep me busy for the 8 1/2 hour flight.  

Singapore May not be overly hot, but the humidity is oppressive.  Getting through the airport took a lot longer than expected, as the customs queue I was on was the slowest.  May have taken around 35 mins.  By the time I got through, my luggage was on the carousel and Andrew was waiting for me.

Andrew and his family live in a nice, house on the outskirts of Singapore, a very neat, upmarket, neighbourhood.  We went for a few walks (Andrew daughter goes to dancing classes down the road) to drop her off and then pick her up.  Dinner was exquisite ( (Rona, their housekeeper does most of the cooking) and we settled down to which parts of a rugby match (Waratahs vs Rebels).  I was very tired by 10pm (midnight by my clock ) and excused myself.

Slept we'll, woke up a few times, but was able to toss and turn and fall back asleep.  Got up at 8.30, had some breakfast, had a chat with the family, and am now ready for a new day .




No comments:

Post a Comment